Monday 21 September 2009

more things I love


I am trying to contain myself, well a little, well no actually I am splurging out all over the place, cause this is MY blog, a bit like a multi-dimensional scrapbook!, and if you know me at all you will know that I love to talk!! I also love to listen, so if you come in for a visit don't be afraid to leave a comment, you can pretty much say anything, I have no moderation controls in place so, feel free! I am almost impossible to insult (as long as I'm not drinking vodka, if I drink vodka I get very stroppy!)

Another thing I love is graffiti (can't actually spell it though). On occassion I take the train into work and have the pleasure of viewing some fine graffiti along the embankment walls. Some of it is just the big bubble writing, depicting names (much like a dog marking it's territory) MARKSEY WOZ HERE type thing, but others are quite clever and makes me think about the artist, and the message. Considering that most art, even the classics get only on average 3 mins viewing time (depressing fact) our graffiti artists are social commentators that will be viewed time and time again (or at least until the local authority or in my case translink cover it up with cheap unimaginative flat paint) Although they can't all be Banksey, thumbs up to the street artists. Thank you for enriching my otherwise tedious journeys to work!

No comments: