Tuesday 15 September 2009

Sad ass poetry for the romantically challenged


Having a blog, as I have discovered, is a big responsibility. It is the purest form of self indulgence, possibly the cheapest therapy outside of the NHS, (and Twitter) but also a bit of a worry. I find I think about it a lot : what to say, when to say it, possible visual material, how to post this........so it goes on. It is a bit like inviting friends for dinner, then worrying they won't like the food, or talk about you behind your back to mutual friends, about how your toilet was smelly or the wine cheap shit from Tesco.

I was recently on a Twitter friend's web site( even better than a blog, as I have learned). Natalie (http://www.natalieallen.co.uk/) talked so eloquently about the entrance of Autumn. She included a poem which I enjoyed so much it reminded me that I used to love writing poetry. Sadly most poems were penned when I was a bit of a sad ass. It is much easier to write poetry from a perspective of personal pain rather than celebratory joy. I find.


So here I go, introducing my sad ass poetry for your edification, and if you find it distastful or tacky, please tell me directly, don't go badmouthing me to my friends.

No comments: