Wednesday 16 September 2009

Sad ass poetry for the romantically challenged

By Proxy
that was your fault you said
why don't you keep your mouth shut
and, as I fingered my loosened teeth
and tasted the rust iron drops on my busted lip
I was inclined
in retrospect
to agree

But instead I wished you dead
or at least a guardian angel (or two)
would magically appear
through the american shadow shag
and punish you
just as I have
with every kiss
by every curse
through every man I've known
since

DLR

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My God Debbie, they say that to be recognised as an artist is 90% luck and 10% talent... This is truly moving. The more I read of your stuff (And I will read IT ALL) the more I realise that you write as well, if not better, than soooo many reputed "Talents", I keep forgetting you are not published.. Words failed me at first.. there was something in my eye!